Professional & Certificate Programs
Certificates, Seminars, and Professional Training Programs
The College of Technology offers you several programs for upgrading skills and qualifications in professional fields. These programs draw from faculty within the College and University as well as experts from outside who have both the experience and the certifications to help you advance in your field.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance - Prepares professionals to take ASTD's CPLP Certification Examination. The CPLP provides participants with a systematic approach to reviewing the knowledge, attitudes and skills needed for learning and performance professional.
- Configuration Management Certification Courses - This program's goal is to assure that configuration management and related professionals attain a complete understanding of the CM landscape, from principles and processes to effective and efficient implementation techniques.
- Construction Management Certificate - This certificate is designed to meet the needs of industry professionals interested in gaining skills to enhance their career and is suitable for architects, engineers, law graduates, business majors, and other disciplines related to the construction industry.
- Domestic Logistics Certificate - Offered by the Center for Logistics and Transportation Policy, this continuing education certificate consists of 32 classroom hours of learning provided by 1-day and ½-day seminars focused on the multiple areas of expertise needed to be an effective employee in the logistics and transportation industries.
- Information System Security Certificate Program - Certificate program participants complete certificate courses that satisfy the national training and education standards for the duties and responsibilities of Information System Security (INFOSEC) Professionals (NSTISSI 4011), Information System Security Officers (CNSSI 4014e) and risk analysis (CNSSI 4016e).
- International Logistics Certificate - Offered by the Center for Logistics and Transportation Policy, this continuing education certificate consists of 64 class room hours of learning provided by 1-day and ½-day seminars focused on the multiple areas of expertise needed to be an effective employee in the international supply chain.
- Professional Project Management (PMI) - participants will explore new trends in the marketplace such as global outsourcing, virtual team management, and new collaboration techniques necessary for the modern project manager.
- Retailing and Consumer Science - Offers certificates in E-Tailing, Technology Entrepreneurship, Retail Organizations, Retail Promotion, and Apparel Merchandising.
- SHRM Learning System(TM) Course - This course is intended to provide the knowledge and the in-depth training necessary in a broad range of functional HR areas to prepare participants for the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) certification exam.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt & Blackbelt Training - This program is designed to assist businesses with implementing a quality improvement initiative within their own organizations. Our programs are specifically designed to support businesses by helping them learn to identify and eliminate problems that prevent the achievement of their organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Strategic Foresight - A 5-day, project-based, face-to-face workshop. Participants learn to anticipate disruptive change and work towards the creation of transformational change, in order to influence the future of their organizations, companies and communities.
- Trainer Certificate Program - This program is designed for professionals who are emerging and/or experienced trainers. In this program you will learn strategic approaches to designing and developing interactive content and measuring learning outcomes.
Page Updated: May 9, 2013 at 4:51 AM